On May 14th, Kristin Baquero, CPA, Director, and Dan Larsen, CPA, Principal, with CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP (CLA) provided virtual education on “Improving Rural Health Clinic (RHC) Payments: The Consolidated Appropriations Act.” The 90-minute Forum also featured roundtable discussion by many CFO participants. The group discussion was facilitated by Darya Khripkova, Forum Moderator, and Chris Ekrem, FACHE, Vice President for EqualizeRCM Hospital Financial Operations.
EqualizeRCM is pleased to sponsor another relevant educational session with expert speakers for small hospital administrators and CFOs. “The success of rural healthcare is where my passion lies,” commented Kristin Baquero, Forum presenter.
The 5/14 Forum focused on the following subtopics:
- Historical RHC rate settings
- Consolidated Appropriations Act and upcoming reimbursement changes
- Strategic thoughts for reimbursement opportunities
- Strategy #1 – 2020 Cost Per Visit Calculation: Examine your base rate/look at your reports
- Strategy #2 – Looking at Overhead Allocations: Look for duplicate allocations of overhead within the trial balance
- Strategy #3 – Clinic Statistics/Know Your Numbers:
- What statistics are included for RHCs
- Understanding how you are paid by Medicare for various costs
- Strategy #4 – Hiring a New Provider/Items to Evaluate
- Strategy #5 – Adding a New RHC/Several Options to Consider
- Other Payment Topics for RHCs
- National Pneumococcal and National Influenza Cost per Injection
A written summary of the 5/14 Forum is available by contacting Jeff Clark, Forum Coordinator at Jeff.Clark@CAHForum.com.
|Be sure and visit us online at www.CAHForum.com to learn more about future educational events. Also, visit us on our LinkedIn page at www.LinkedIn.com/company/CAH-CFO-Administrator-Forum to stay connected with your professional peers.|
|The CAH CFO-Administrator Forum, is organized by EqualizeRCM, a leading proponent for Community Health organizations. The CAH Forum seeks to provide Financial Administrators of rural health facilities an opportunity to participate in focused events, share insightful ideas, discuss challenges and solutions, but most importantly collaborate and communicate with like-minded professionals in the industry. Learn more by visiting www.CAHForum.com or contacting Jeff.Clark@CAHForum.com.|